Thursday, June 15, 2017

BIG BOX Collapse!

If you but look at your own purchasing habits, and barring a completely intoverted way of life, you will know why the demise of "Big Box" retailers.

Sears announces closing of more than 100 stores....Macy's, the same, etc., etc. They cannot compete with the Amazons of the world. Overhead is the reason. Convenience to the stay-at-home shopper is a close 2nd.

I even find myself visiting stores I still frequent, and after eyeing the merchandise, going home to check the online price. In other instances I do not even visit the stores. I bought my new RAM 1500, and immediately began looking at some needed additions......YES, the additions to date were for a good reason, and i have avoided the decorative in favor of practical. I went online, found a retailer who delivered to my home, and I installed most of the additions, but left my local mechanic to install the step bar for entry.

We are a society of convenience, and Big Box is no longer the convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment